Apple TV: Basic troubleshooting
Is your Apple TV not working as you expected? There's usually a quick and simple solution.
Check the connections and inputs
- Make sure the cables between your Apple TV and TV are connected properly.
- Securely connect the power cords for your Apple TV and TV to a working power source.
- Turn on your TV and switch it to the correct input.
- Restart your Apple TV.
If the issue persists, see the steps related to your issue below.
Troubleshoot video issues
Troubleshoot audio issues
Resolve audio issues.
Troubleshoot network issues
Troubleshoot Apple Remote
- Resolve issues with Apple Remote (physical remote).
- Resolve issues with the Apple Remote app (iOS app).
Troubleshoot issues streaming content
If you're streaming content from a computer or iOS device using Airplay or Home Sharing, try these steps: