Apple TV: Basic troubleshooting
Is your Apple TV not working as you expected? There's usually a quick and simple solution.
Check the connections and inputs
- Make sure the cables between your Apple TV, AV receiver (if used), and TV are connected properly.
- Securely connect the power cords for your Apple TV, AV receiver (if used), and TV to a working power source.
- Turn on your TV and switch it to the correct input on your AV receiver or television.
- Restart your Apple TV, your television, and AV receiver.
If the issue persists, see the steps related to your issue below.
Resolve video, audio, or power issues
- Resolve video issues.
- Troubleshoot issues with Apple TV and High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).
- Resolve audio issues.
- Resolve power issues.
Resolve network or streaming issues
- Troubleshoot Wi-Fi networks and connections.
- Switch between wired and wireless networks.
- Learn how to resolve issues streaming content from third-party content providers. Learn more about third-party content providers.
If you're streaming content from a computer or iOS device using Airplay or Home Sharing, try these steps:
- Resolve issues with Airplay and Airplay Mirroring.
- Learn how to use Airplay Mirrorring.
- See how to set up Home Sharing.
- Troubleshoot Home Sharing issues.
Resolve issues with Apple Remote
- Resolve issues with Apple Remote (physical remote).
- Resolve issues with the Apple Remote app (iOS app).