About the OS X Server v3.0.2 Update
This update includes improvements for OS X Server (Mavericks).
This software updates OS X Server v3.0 and v3.0.1 to v3.0.2. It requires OS X Mavericks v10.9.1 or later.
In order to allow L2TP connections to the VPN service you must also install the VPN Update for OS X Server. Install the OS X Mavericks v10.9.1 update first. After that you can install the Server v3.0.2 update and VPN Update for OS X Server in either order.
How to install
OS X Server v3.0.2 is available from the Mac App Store. It will appear in the Updates pane if you have OS X Server (Mavericks) installed. Click the UPDATE button to install. To prevent the interruption of services, Server updates will not be automatically installed even if you have chosen to automatically install updates from the Mac App Store.
During the installation you may see the message "Server app replacement detected." This is a normal part of the update process. All Server settings and data will be preserved during the update.
After installation is complete, open Server app in order to finish setting up your previously-configured services.
Server v3.0.2 improves the general stability of OS X Server and delivers the following specific improvements.
Upgrade and migration
- Improves reliability of initial Server launch after upgrade or migration.
- Software Update service will now serve updates to Mavericks clients automatically after upgrade or migration.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent starting the DNS service after upgrade or migration.
- Improves sending push notifications to managed devices.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent some network users from receiving managed settings on OS X devices.
- Improves reliability of enrollment for Active Directory users.
- Fixes importing .csv files for placeholders.
- Improves picking apps with non-Roman characters in their names.
- Improves connecting to a remote Git repository via ssh.