About Apple Remote Desktop 3.7.1
Learn about Apple Remote Desktop 3.7.1.
Apple Remote Desktop 3.7.1 includes an update for the Remote Desktop application and for the clients it remotely administers.
How to update
If you purchased Remote Desktop from the Mac App Store, the update is available in the App Store's Updates tab. If you installed Remote Desktop from a disc, the update is available as an automatic Software Update and as manual download from Apple Support Downloads.
For clients, the update is available as an automatic Software Update and as a manual download from Apple Support Downloads. You can also use Remote Desktop 3.7.1 to update clients to 3.7.1 by choosing Manage > Update Client Software.
- Remote Desktop 3.7.1 requires OS X Lion v10.7.5, Mountain Lion, or Mavericks.
- The Remote Desktop 3.7.1 update requires Apple Remote Desktop 3.0 or later.
- OS X Mavericks requires Remote Desktop 3.7 or later.
This update improves the overall stability and reliability of the Remote Desktop application. It includes the following specific improvements.
- Prevents an issue that could cause the OS X Firewall to block Remote Desktop connections. See Additional Information below.
- Improves reliability of the kickstart command.
- Fixes the "Display full screen" option in Control & Observe preferences.
If you previously updated a Remote Desktop client to 3.7 and lost access to it because of the OS X Firewall service, restart the client computer after installing the 3.7.1 update. The correct firewall rule will be automatically added, and you will be able to connect to the client via Remote Desktop.