Final Cut Pro X 10.1, Compressor 4.1: Adding a "Apple Devices 60fps" destination
If you are shooting HD video at 60 fps, you can deliver a final version with the same frame rate to Apple devices including iPhone 5s, iPad Air, and iPad mini with Retina display.
Use the following steps to create a custom Apple Devices 60 fps destination that you can access with the Final Cut Pro X Share function.
- Open Compressor 4.1.
- Duplicate either the "Apple Devices HD (Best Quality)" or "Apple Devices HD (Most Compatible)" setting in Compressor depending on the quality you need.
- Select the setting in the CUSTOM section.
- Double click the setting name and modify it to be either "Apple Devices 60fps (Best Quality)" or "Apple Devices 60fps (Most Compatible)" depending on the original setting you duplicated.
- Click "Video" in the Inspector.
- Set the Frame rate pop-up to 60fps.
- Quit Compressor.
- In Final Cut Pro X Open the project you need to Share for playback at 60fps.
- Choose File > Share > Add Destination
- Drag the "Compressor Settings" icon to the Destinations list on the left.
- A sheet will slide open with a list of the settings available from Compressor.
- Scroll down to the "Custom" Folder and click the disclosure triangle to reveal the settings.
- Choose the custom setting you created in step 4: "Apple Devices 60fps (Best Quality)" or "Apple Devices 60fps (Most Compatible)".
- Click "OK"
- Close the "Destinations" window.
- With the project that you want to share opens, choose File > Share and then select the Apple Devices 60fps setting you added as a share destination.
- Make any modifications necessary and then click Next and choose a name and location for the resulting file.