iTunes: Using AirPlay
Learn how to use AirPlay to stream videos, music, and photos wirelessly from iTunes on your computer.
Enabling AirPlay from iTunes on your computer
To use AirPlay Mirroring, you will need the following:
- iTunes 10.2 or later
- Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)
- AirPort Express
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/g/n) network
To stream music or videos from your computer to an Apple TV or AirPort Express:
- Connect your computer and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open iTunes.
- Locate and click the icon to the left of the iTunes LCD window.
- Select your Apple TV, AirPort Express, or AirPlay-enabled speakers or receivers from the list of available devices that appears and begin playback.
Note: The images of a TV screen or speaker next to each AirPlay device in the AirPlay menu indicate the type of media content you can stream to that device.
To get full AirPlay features, make sure your AirPlay-enabled devices have the latest software updates.