About Apple Remote Desktop 3.7
Learn about Apple Remote Desktop 3.7.
Apple Remote Desktop 3.7 includes an update for the Remote Desktop application, and for the clients it remotely administers.
How to update
For users who purchased Remote Desktop from the Mac App Store, the update will appear in the Updates tab of the Mac App Store. For users who installed Remote Desktop from a physical disc, the update is available as an automatic Software Update and as manual download from Apple Support Downloads.
For clients, the update is available as an automatic Software Update and as manual download from Apple Support Downloads. You can also use Remote Desktop 3.7 to update clients to 3.7 by choosing Update Client Software from the Manage menu. Remote Desktop client 3.7 is included in OS X Mavericks.
- Remote Desktop 3.7 requires OS X Lion v10.7.5, Mountain Lion, or Mavericks.
- The Remote Desktop 3.7 update requires Apple Remote Desktop 3.0 or later.
- OS X Mavericks requires Remote Desktop 3.7 or later.
This update improves the overall stability and reliability of the Remote Desktop application, and includes the following specific improvements.
- Support for OS X Mavericks
- A shared clipboard which allows automatic copy and paste between local and remote computers
- Improved support for Mac systems with multiple displays or multiple IP addresses
- Enhanced multi-observe with gesture support for swiping between screens
- Output of remote UNIX commands is no longer truncated