About Apple Configurator 1.4
Learn about Apple Configurator 1.4.
Apple Configurator 1.4 is a recommended update for all Apple Configurator users. This update is available from the Updates tab of the Mac App Store. It requires OS X Mountain Lion and iTunes 11.1 or later.
What's new in Configurator 1.4
- Support for new iOS 7 features and restrictions, including:
- Allow modifying account settings
- Allow AirDrop
- Allow connecting supervised devices to any Mac
- Configure Web Content Filter
- Configure AirPlay mirroring destinations and passwords
- Configure AirPrint printers
- Configure Managed Open In
- Allow Control Center or Notification Center on lock screen
- Configure Limit Ad Tracking setting
- Install fonts
- A new Setup tab in Prepare, which provides options such as:
- Enroll multiple unsupervised devices in MDM without tapping each device
- Complete setup assistant and enroll Apple TV in MDM without using the remote
- Improved UI for installing a single profile on unsupervised devices.
- Addresses an issue that could cause one redemption code to be lost when importing a Volume Purchase Plan spreadsheet.
- A new "Allow devices to connect to other Macs" option that allows supervised devices to sync photos and videos with other Macs.
Note: In order to apply the "Allow devices to connect to other Macs" option to a previously-supervised device, you must unsupervise it and then supervise it again.