Apple TV: Closed captioning
Learn how to turn on and customize closed captioning on Apple TV.
To turn on closed captioning and subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Closed Captions + SDH.
- Press Select on your Apple Remote to turn on closed captions and subtitles.
With Apple TV Software 6.0, you can customize the captions or subtitles to meet your needs.
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Closed Captions + SDH > Style.
- You can choose one of the predefined styles: Default, Large Text, or Classic.
To create your own style, follow these steps:
- Select Create New Style… You can change the font, size, and color of the text and the color and opacity of the background. A preview of the style will appear.
- Press Menu to save the style and set it as the default.