iTunes Store: About Pre-orders
You can pre-order music and movies from the iTunes Store prior to their public release date. Pre-ordered items will download when they become available.
If an item isn't yet available, you may be able to pre-order it. You can then download it when it becomes available. Items available for pre-order will have an orange pre-order button that displays the pre-order price. Most pre-orders will show an expected release date near or below the pre-order button. When the pre-order item becomes available, you will receive an email notification that will let you know when you can download the item. You may also receive one or more emails if there are any changes to the status of your pre-order.
Some pre-orders include songs that are available for download immediately. When you pre-order, you will be charged only for these songs and you will receive them immediately.
To pre-order an item
- Click or tap the pre-order button.
- Click or tap Pre-order on the confirmation dialog.
- When you've successfully completed a pre-order, you will be presented with a thank-you page.
Downloading a pre-ordered item
When a pre-order item becomes available, you will receive an email letting you know your pre-order is available for download.
If you've enabled iTunes to automatically download prepurchased content, then your pre-order content may already be downloaded to your library. If not, simply click the download link provided within your email notification, and your pre-order content will begin to download. Alternatively you can use the "Check for Available Downloads" feature in iTunes on your computer by choosing Store > Check for Available Downloads to begin downloading your pre-order.
To view, cancel, or see the expected release dates for your pending pre-orders
- Choose Store > View My Appie ID, then click Manage Pre-orders, which located in the Settings section at the bottom of the Account Information screen in iTunes on your computer.
- From the Mange Pre-orders screen, click the Cancel button to the right of the pre-order item you would like to cancel. You'll be asked to confirm your pre-order cancellation.