iBooks Author: Using Chinese, Korean, or Japanese text
Learn about using Chinese, Korean, or Japanese text in your iBooks Author book.
You can use Chinese, Korean, and Japanese text in iBooks Author, but there are a few limitations to books using these languages:
- iBooks Author does not support right-to-left text editing.
- iBooks Author does not support vertical text editing.
- iBooks Author does not support phonetic symbols, such as ruby or bopomofo.
- iBooks Author does not support nonstandard characters, such as gaiji.
- Books using Chinese or Japanese as the primary language cannot be published to the iBooks Store.
Note: You can still export your book for distribution in other channels, but please review the limitations on distributing books exported to the .ibooks format outside the iBooks Store.
Last Modified: Sep 5, 2013