Transferring your AppleCare product coverage
Learn how to transfer your AppleCare product coverage.
You can request transfer of coverage between devices within 30 days of purchasing your original device. Transfer of AppleCare product coverage is available only between the same types of product and within national borders where permitted by law. You can also request a transfer of coverage to another owner.
Note: Transfer of coverage happens automatically if Apple replaces your device through a repair. If transfer of coverage is not possible, Apple will offer other options.
Contact us for help
If you have any questions or requests when transferring AppleCare product coverage from one product to another, gather the required information below and contact us.
- Agreement number and proof of purchase (original sales receipt) of the AppleCare agreement
- Serial number of the Apple product currently covered by the agreement
- Serial number and proof of purchase of the new product to be covered by the agreement
If you need to transfer AppleCare product coverage to another person, we'll need the following information:
- New owner's name and mailing address
- Agreement purchase site--Apple or reseller
- Agreement number
Choose how to reach us:
- Contact Apple Support online
- Call and ask to speak to AppleCare Agreement Administration
- Send a letter through the mail
- Include copies of the agreement number, proof of purchase, and serial numbers
- Give us your telephone number, email, and mailing address
United States and Canada:
P.O. Box 149125
Austin, TX, 78714-9125
Apple Operations Europe
Customer Relations Admin
HollyHill Industrial Estate
Zip Code: 106-6140
Apple Mail Center
Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
All other regions:
Refer to the AppleCare product terms and conditions for your country of residence.