Adobe Flash Player updates available for OS X on September 23, 2014
Adobe Flash Player updates are available that address a recently-identified Adobe Flash Player web plug-in vulnerability.
If the version of Adobe Flash plug-in you are using is out of date, you may see the message, "Blocked plug-in", "Flash Security Alert” or "Flash out-of-date" when attempting to view Flash content in Safari.
Clicking the indicator displays an alert, "Adobe Flash Player is out-of-date."
In order to use Adobe Flash you need to update to a later version:
- Click the Download Flash button.
- Safari opens Adobe Flash Player installer page on the Adobe website.
- Click the Download now button on the Adobe website to download the latest Adobe Flash Player installer.
- After the download completes, open the downloaded disk image (usually located in your Downloads folder) if it does not open automatically.
- In the window that appears, open the installer and follow the onscreen instructions.
Note: If you need to run an older version of Flash, you can use web plug-in management to re-enable it for specific websites using "Run in Unsafe Mode" in Safari 6.1 or later.