Change your Apple ID
Learn how to change the email address that you use as your Apple ID.
In most cases, your Apple ID is also the primary email address of your Apple ID account. You can change your Apple ID to any address, except an address used by another Apple ID. You can change the address of any Apple ID, except an Apple ID that ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com.
- Sign out of iCloud, the iTunes Store, App Store, FaceTime, Find My Friends, Find My iPhone, and iMessage on each device that uses your current Apple ID for these services.
- Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com).
- Select “Manage your Apple ID” and sign in. Forgot your password?
- Select Edit next to “Apple ID and Primary Email Address.”
- Enter the email address to use as your Apple ID, then select Save Changes. Apple will send a verification email to that address.
- Open the email from Apple, then click Verify Now in the email. Didn't receive the email?
- When the My Apple ID page opens, sign in with your renamed Apple ID.
- When you see a message that verification is complete, you can begin using your renamed Apple ID. You should also update the features and services that you use with Apple ID.
Visit the Apple ID support page for more information about using and managing your Apple ID.