Apple ID: Changing the email address you use for your Apple ID
Learn how to change the email address you use for your Apple ID.
If your primary email address for your Apple ID ends in @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com
Apple IDs that use iCloud email addresses (addresses ending in @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com) cannot be changed to another email address.
If your primary email address for your Apple ID does not end in @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com
Note: If your Apple ID and your primary email address are currently the same, changing the primary email address will also change your Apple ID. If your Apple ID and your primary email address are different, changing your primary email address will not change your Apple ID.
Follow these steps to change the primary email address for your Apple ID:
- Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), click "Manage your Apple ID," and sign in.
- With the Name, ID, and Email Address drawer selected, click Edit next to Apple ID and Primary Email Address.
- Enter your new email address.
Ensure that the email address you enter:
- Is one that you regularly use since this will be the primary email for your account
- Is a valid email address
- Is not already associated with another Apple ID you have
- Is not an address that ends in @mac.com. @me.com, or @icloud.com
You will be asked to verify the email address to confirm that you can access it and that it belongs to you. When you receive the verification email, click the Verify Now link and sign in using your Apple ID and password to complete the confirmation.