Apple ID: About the temporary support PIN
This article provides information about the temporary support PIN, a security measure used to verify your identity when contacting Apple Support.
A temporary support PIN (personal identification number) is not usually required, but Apple may ask you to generate a PIN if your identity needs to be verified.
To generate a temporary support PIN:
- Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), click "Manage your Apple ID," and sign in.
- Under "Edit your Apple ID," select "Password and Security."
- Click Temporary Support PIN at the bottom-left of the screen.
- Click Generate PIN from the pop-up window.
- Your PIN will be generated instantly and appear in the pop-up window. It will indicate how long the PIN is valid. Note that you can use your PIN only once.
- When prompted, give the four-digit PIN to the Apple Support Advisor working with you.