iBooks: Understanding book updates
Book updates allow publishers to quickly push changes or revisions for books and textbooks.
iBooks, iTunes Store
In order to download book updates, you'll need to make sure you have iBooks 3.0 or later installed. You can download iBooks for free from the App Store.
Downloading book updates
When an eligible book has an update, you'll see a badge count similar to what you would see for an app update. The numbered badge represents the number of book updates available. When downloading a book update, your existing bookmarks, annotations, and notes are retained and carried over to the new version of your book.
Note: You can see what is included in an update by tapping What's New.
- Open iBooks 3.0 or later.
- From your bookshelf, tap the Store button.
- Once in the iBookstore, tap Purchased from the bottom navigation bar.
- Tap Updates to navigate to your Updates page.
- Tap Update to download the desired book update.