Redeem iTunes Gift Cards on a Mac with a FaceTime camera
Use the FaceTime camera on your Mac to redeem iTunes Gift Cards.
Mac App Store, iTunes 11 for Mac, iTunes Store
You can use the FaceTime camera on your Mac to help you redeem iTunes Gift Cards in iTunes or via the Mac App Store.
Note: Some features may not be available in all countries.
- An iTunes Gift Card with a focus box around the redemption code
- A Mac with a FaceTime camera (an Apple Display with FaceTime works too)
- OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8.3 or later)
- iTunes 11 or later
- Internet connection
- Well-lit room
Redeem your Gift Card
- Open iTunes or the App Store on your Mac.
- Go to the iTunes Store, if opened iTunes.
- Sign in to your iTunes Store account.
- Click Redeem.
- Click the Use Camera button.
- Peel or scratch off the label on the back of your iTunes Gift Card.
- Hold the back of the card (the side with the black focus box) up to your FaceTime camera.
- After your Mac reads the card code, you should see your iTunes Store balance onscreen after the card is redeemed. Click Done.
- If the room where your Mac is located isn't well lit enough, your Gift Card may not be readable.
- Completely peel or scratch off the coating that is hiding the iTunes Gift Card code to improve readability.
- You can type in your iTunes Gift Card code manually.
- An error message will appear if you try to redeem an iTunes Gift Card that's already been used.
- Contact Apple Support if you receive a message that your gift card has not been properly activated.