iPhone 5 (Verizon): About carrier settings update 13.1
An important new carrier settings update is now available for iPhone 5 on the Verizon Wireless network.
This carrier settings update resolves an issue in which, under certain circumstances, iPhone 5 may use Verizon cellular data while the phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network. Follow these instructions to install the update.
- Tap Settings > General > About.
- Wait for the following alert to appear:
- Tap OK to install the update.
- Hold the Sleep/Wake button down until you see "slide to power off".
- Slide to power off.
- After the device powers off, hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn your phone back on.
Note: To finish the installation of the update, your iPhone 5 must be turned off and then on again.
After your iPhone restarts, tap Settings > General > About, then scroll down to Carrier and verify that "Verizon 13.1" is displayed.