About Apple Configurator 1.2
Learn about Apple Configurator 1.2
Apple Configurator 1.2 is a recommended update for all Apple Configurator users. This update is available from the Mac App Store, via the Updates tab.
What's new in version 1.2?
This update improves overall stability and performance, and includes the following:
- Support for new iOS 6 features (Lock to App and Global HTTP Proxy) on supervised iOS devices
- Support for these new iOS 6 restrictions on a supervised device:
- Allow the removal of apps from the device
- Allow use of iMessage
- Allow access to iBooks Store or the purchase of books classified as "Erotica" from iBooks Store
- Allow filtering of profanity for Siri
- Allow use of Game Center
- Allow the installation of new configuration profiles
- Improved reliability when activating a new iPhone or iPad with Wi-Fi + Cellular
- The last settings used on the Prepare pane are retained when Apple Configurator is quit and reopened.
- Improved ability to update or restore devices that are currently in recovery mode
- Members of Active Directory groups are now shown in the Assign pane
- Paid apps from the App Store can now be installed in the Prepare pane only when a device is being supervised
- Support for configuring advanced network options on Apple TV
Learn more about running Apple Configurator version 1.2 for the first time.