Exams for Service Technicians
Service technicians who troubleshoot and repair Apple products have to be certified as technicians and qualified separately for selected products. This article describes the current exams for these technicians and provides links to exam registration sites.
IMPORTANT: All AppleCare service exams are hosted at Pearson VUE. The registration process for Pearson VUE is described in Accessing Pearson VUE Service Exams (HT5718).
ACMT Certification Exams
Exams for ACMT certification are
- 9L0-011 for hardware
- 9L0-065 for Mac OS
You can find details on ACMT in Apple Certified Mac Technician: Frequently asked questions.
Certification Exam Access
ACMT certification exams can be taken online at Pearson VUE. The registration process is described in Accessing Pearson VUE Service Exams (HT5718).
Another way to take exams is as part of an ACMT certification class at an Apple-Authorized Service Training Center.
You can find information about these Training Centers at
Product Qualification Exams
Some Apple products require separate qualification exams. Here are the currently available exams.
- 9L0-S02 MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), and MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
- 9L0-S03 MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), and MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
- 9L0-S04 iMac (Late 2012, Early 2013, Late 2013, and Mid 2014)
- 9L0-S05 MacBook Air (Mid 2013 and Early 2014)
- 9L0-E06 - iOS Qualification Exam - This exam replaces the 9L0-E04 exam. IMPORTANT - If you have already passed the 9L0-E04 exam, you do NOT need to take the 9L0-E06 exam.
- 9L0-S06 - Mac Pro (Late 2013) Qualification Exam
The registration process for AppleCare exams is described in Accessing Pearson VUE Service Exams (HT5718).