Exams for Service Technicians
Service technicians who troubleshoot and repair Apple products have to be certified as technicians and qualified separately for selected products. This article describes the current exams for these technicians and provides links to exam registration sites.
IMPORTANT: Starting October 1, 2013, all AppleCare service exams will be hosted at Pearson VUE. The registration process for Pearson VUE is described in Accessing Pearson VUE Service Exams (HT5718).
ACMT Certification Exams
The current exams for ACMT certification are
- 9L0-010 for hardware
- 9L0-064 for Mac OS
Both are required to become an Apple Certified Mac Technician.
Certification Exam Access
ACMT certification exams can be taken online at Pearson VUE. The registration process is described in Accessing Pearson VUE Service Exams (HT5718).
Another way to take exams is as part of an ACMT certification class at an Apple-Authorized Service Training Center.
You can find information about these Training Centers at
Product Qualification Exams
Some Apple products require separate qualification exams. Here are the currently available exams.
- 9L0-S02 MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), and MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
- 9L0-S03 MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), and MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
- 9L0-S04 iMac (Late 2012, Early 2013, and Late 2013)
- 9L0-S05 MacBook Air (Mid 2013)
- 9L0-E06 - iOS Qualification Exam - This exam replaces the 9L0-E04 exam. IMPORTANT - If you have already passed the 9L0-E04 exam, you do NOT need to take the 9L0-E06 exam.
Please note that the 9L0-S04 exam is available September 25, 2013 from Pearson VUE. It is no longer available from Prometric.
Product qualification exams (except 9L0-E06 and 9L0-S04) are hosted by the Prometric PRIME online testing service through September 30, 2013 and are accessible via ibt.prometric.com/apple. ALL product qualification exams will be available solely from Pearson VUE starting October 1, 2013. Again, the registration process is described in Accessing Pearson VUE Service Exams (HT5718).