iCloud: Using your @icloud.com email address
This article provides information on how existing iCloud Mail users can send and receive email using their new @icloud.com email address on their iOS devices and computers.
If you are an existing iCloud Mail user with an @mac.com or @me.com email address, Apple has reserved an @icloud.com email address for you. You will receive an @icloud.com equivalent for every active @me.com or @mac.com email address or alias that you have as part of your account.
You can send email from your @icloud.com address by following these instructions:
- Begin composing a new email on the device of your choice.
- Select the From: field in your message.
- Choose your @icloud.com address from the list of addresses.
- Compose your message and send it.
To make your @icloud.com address the default address for sending email from your iCloud account, follow the steps below for each device you use to send email.
In iOS 6
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Account (your Apple ID) >Advanced: Mail.
- Under iCloud Account Information, tap your email address.
- From the list of addresses available, tap the @icloud.com email address you would like to use as the default address for sending mail from iCloud Mail.
In OS X Mountain Lion or Lion v10.7.2 (or later)
- Go to Mail Preferences > Composing.
- Click the Send new messages from drop-down and select the @icloud.com email address you’d like to use.
- Go to the Mail app.
- Click the Action (gear icon) menu and choose Preferences.
- Under Composing, click the Set a default address drop-down and select the @icloud.com address you’d like to use.
- In Outlook 2007: Choose Tools > Account Settings > Email tab, select your @icloud.com email address from the list, and click Set as default.
- In Outlook 2010: Choose File > Info > Account Settings > Email Tab, select your @icloud.com email address from the list, and click Set as default.
Note: No matter which address you choose to send email from, you will continue to receive all email sent to your @me.com, @mac.com, or @icloud.com email addresses directly in your iCloud inbox.
Depending on when you created your iCloud account, your iCloud email addresses and aliases may end with @icloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com domains. Learn how iCloud email addresses are granted depending on when you originally created your account.