Apple TV: How to configure 802.1X using a profile
Apple TV Software Update 5.1 gives your Apple TV the ability to connect to a network that uses 802.1X authentication.
Apple TV (2nd generation), Apple TV (3rd generation)
Use Apple Configurator to deploy a configuration profile with a Wi-Fi payload that contains the 802.1X configuration.
First use Apple Configurator to import an existing profile or create a new one.
- Open Apple Configurator.
- Click Prepare.
- Click the + (plus sign) at the bottom of the profile box and and choose "Import Profile…" or "Create New Profile…".
- If you are importing a profile, select it and then skip ahead to the installation instructions below.
- If you are creating a new profile, continue to step 4.
- Enter a name for the profile.
- Select Wi-Fi from the list on the right.
- Enter the SSID for the wireless network to which the Apple TV should connect.
- Choose the appropriate encryption in the Security Type menu.
- Choose the EAP type your network uses.
- You will need to include the full trust chain for the RADIUS server in the Trust tab.
- Click Save.
Apple Configurator is a free application available from the Mac App Store.
Make sure that your Apple TV has the latest software version installed.