OS X Mountain Lion: How to enable Dictation for users who are managed by Parental Controls
Users who are being managed with Parental Controls are prevented from using Dictation, but it can be enabled easily.
An administrator user can allow the managed user to use Dictation with these steps:
- If logged in as the managed user and System Preferences is open, quit System Preferences.
- Choose Apple menu () > System Preferences.
- Click Parental Controls.
- Click the lock icon in the lower-left corner of the window.
- Enter an administrator user's name and password, then click Unlock.
- Select the name of the managed user account.
- Click the Other tab.
- Uncheck "Disable use of Dication".
Last Modified: Aug 9, 2012