About Apple Remote Desktop Admin 3.6.1
Learn about Apple Remote Desktop Admin 3.6.1.
Apple Remote Desktop Admin 3.6.1 is an update for the Remote Desktop application, which can be used to remotely administer Apple Remote Desktop clients.
How to update
For OS X Mountain Lion, you can download this update via the Updates tab of Mac App Store, or via Software Update preferences (which will send you to the Mac App Store's Updates tab).
For OS X Lion, if you purchased Remote Desktop from the Mac App Store, this update is available in the Updates tab of the Mac App Store. If you installed Remote Desktop from a physical disc, the update is available as an automatic Software Update.
If you originally installed Remote Desktop from an installation disc instead of the Mac App Store, you can use the manual update available from Apple Support Downloads.
- Remote Desktop v3.6.1 requires OS X Lion or Mountain Lion.
- The Remote Desktop v3.6.1 update requires Apple Remote Desktop 3.0 or later
- OS X Mountain Lion requires Remote Desktop v3.6 or later.
This update improves the overall stability and reliability of the Remote Desktop application, and includes the following specific changes:
- Faster launch speed when long computer lists are present.
- Reliability of migrated computer lists when upgrading from earlier versions of Apple Remote Desktop.
- Improves observing and controlling computers that have more than one display.
For information about the security content of Apple Remote Desktop 3.6.1, see this article.