OS X Server: How to reset Profile Manager to its original state
Learn how to reset Profile Manager to its original state.
- Resetting Profile Manager to its original state removes all profiles, devices, and device groups. Only do this if you want to start over with Profile Manager without reinstalling OS X Server.
- Any devices that have profiles installed from this server will no long receive updates, and you won't be able to manage them unless they re-enroll. The profiles should be deleted from the devices.
- The certificates will not be removed.
To reset Profile Manager
- Quit Server.app if it's running
- Execute this Terminal command as an admin user, entering the password when prompted.
For OS X Mountain Lion only, execute:
For OS X Lion only, execute:
- Open Server.app and click Service, then click Profile Manager. Note that Profile Manager Manager is on and Device Management is Disabled.
- Switch Profile Manager off.
- In Profile Manager, Device Management click Configure, then Next.
- Enter the Organization Name and Admin email address.
- Click Next.
- Select the Certificate.
- Click Next, then Finish.
- Start Profile Manager.
- Click your server's name in the Hardware section.
- Click Settings.
- In the SSL Certificate, click Edit...
- Click OK.
Last Modified: Jul 27, 2012