Rescue email address and how to reset Apple ID security questions
If you can't recall your Apple ID security questions and answers, the optional rescue email provides a way to reset them. Additionally, all future security-related emails for your Apple ID will be sent to the rescue email address.
When creating a new Apple ID for use with the iTunes Store or Mac App Store, you will be asked to provide an optional rescue email address. If you have an existing Apple ID that you use with the iTunes Store or Mac App Store, you may be asked to provide some additional security information, including a rescue email address. When you provide a rescue email address, all future security emails, such as password resets from iForgot, will be sent to the address provided. The rescue email address you provide cannot be the same as your primary email address for your Apple ID. In most cases, your primary email address is the same as your Apple ID username.
When you provide a rescue email address during Apple ID creation, you will receive an email from Apple to verify that the email address provided is accurate. If you don't see an email from Apple asking you to verify your rescue email address, you may want to check your SPAM folder. If you still haven't received the email from Apple, you can sign in to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com) to resend your rescue email address. To resend your verification email, click on Password & Security. Then, click the Resend link located in the Rescue Email Address section.
You can edit or delete your rescue email address at My Apple ID. To edit your rescue email address:
- Navigate to My Apple ID using your web browser.
- Click "Manage your account"
- When prompted, sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- Click Password & Security
- You'll be asked to answer 2 of your 3 security questions before you can make any modifications. If you are unable to remember your answers, you can choose to send an email to your rescue email to reset your security questions.
Note: The option to send an email to reset your security questions and answers will not be available if a rescue email address is not provided. You will need to contact iTunes Store support in order to do so.
- After you've validated your identity by correctly answering your security questions, click Edit to the right of your rescue email address.
- Once you've finished editing your rescue email address, click the Save button directly below the email field.
The email address will not be marketed to as a result of designating it as a rescue email address. If you previously designated this email address to receive marketing, it will continue to do so.
If you decide not to provide a rescue email address, you can't reset your security questions and answers yourself later in the event you can't remember the answers to your questions. You'll need to contact iTunes Store support to have your questions and answers reset.