Lion Server: Enabling Push Notifications for Active Directory users
Learn about enabling Push Notifications for Active Directory users.
Basic Authentication must be enabled to use Push Notifications for Active Directory Users.
- Make sure Lion Server is bound to Active Directory.
- Verify that APNS is enabled in Server.app.
- Start the push notification service.
- Enable cleartext authentication and disable digest authentication.
- With root access, enable basic authentication for Push Notifications. To do this, execute the following commands (as root) in Terminal:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.NotificationServer enableApnbridgeBasicAuth -bool YES sudo plutil -convert xml1 /Library/Preferences/com.apple.NotificationServer.plist sudo killall APNBridge
- Start services that use Push Notifications.
Active Directory users will be able to receive push notifications using basic authentication.