iBooks Author: How to update your published book in the iBooks Store
Learn how to update a book that you published to the iBooks Store.
Before you can publish an update to your book:
- You must have a Paid Books Account or Free Books Account.
- You must have submitted your book to the iBooks Store at least one time.
- You must install iTunes Producer on your Mac.
- You must install iBooks Author 2.0 or later. We recommend the latest version of iBooks Author.
- Your book’s file size can't be larger than 2 GB.
If you want to update your screenshots, use Contact Us in iTunes Connect. You can't update the screenshots that appear with your book in the iBooks Store via a redelivery. You can add screenshots to iTunes Producer only the first time you publish your book.
When you're ready to publish an update to your book:
- Open the book (.iba file) that you'd like to update in iBooks Author.
- Make the desired changes to your book.
- Click Publish in the iBooks Author toolbar, or choose it in the File menu.
- Follow the prompts until you reach the Add Version Info screen.
- Select "This is an update to a previously submitted book."
- Click Continue.
- Choose which of your previously published books you'd like to update.
- Enter a new version number. The new version number must be higher than the version number that currently appears on the iBooks Store.
- Click Continue and follow the prompts.
iBooks Author will export your updated book to iTunes Producer. Follow the onscreen instructions in iTunes Producer to publish your updated book to the iBooks Store. Most of the required fields will be filled in for you, but you'll need to include text in the What's New field to update your book.