iPhoto '11 or later: About the Library Upgrader
You might see this message in iPhoto: "To open your library with this version of iPhoto, it first needs to be prepared." If you do, you can use the iPhoto Library Upgrader tool to prepare your library to work with the current version of iPhoto.
The iPhoto Library Upgrader is a tool that prepares libraries from iPhoto 7 or earlier so you can upgrade them with the current version of iPhoto. You can download the tool here. If your library is from iPhoto 8 or later you don't need to use this tool.
Using the iPhoto Library Upgrader tool
- Download and install the tool.
- In the Finder, click the Go menu and choose Utilities.
- In the Utilities folder, open the iPhoto Library Upgrader.
- If the library shown in the window is not the one you want to upgrade, click Choose Library and select the correct iPhoto Library.
- Click Continue to upgrade your library.