Apple TV (2nd generation): Apple TV software version 4.4.2
Apple TV Software version 4.4.2 adds support for the following:
- Photo Stream: View photos taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
- AirPlay Mirroring: Wirelessly stream what's on your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 screen to your HDTV.
- National Hockey League: Watch live games, view highlights, scores, and more.
- Wall Street Journal: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts.
- New Slideshow themes: Enjoy your photos on your HDTV with new slideshow themes: Photo Wall, Flip-up, and Shifting Tiles.
- Netflix: Support for subtitles when available.
Apple TV devices with software version 4.4 and 4.4.1 have an issue with updating software to later versions. The recommended way to resolve this is go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings, prior to updating. Note: If you apply the software update without resetting all settings first, the updater will reset the settings for you.
Once the Apple TV has been reset, you can then successfully update to the latest software by going to Settings -> General -> Update Software.
We recognize that this is an inconvenience and apologize.