iOS: Using Reminders
Use Reminders to organize your life in to-do lists, complete with due dates and locations.
To use Reminders, tap Reminders on the Home screen.
With Reminders, you can do the following:
- Create date and time or location-based notifications.
- View your reminders by list or schedule.
- Search for specific reminders.
- Automatically update all your devices and calendars using Calendar, Outlook, and iCloud.
- Create and organize multiple lists.
- Reorder your to-dos.
When you mark a reminder as complete, it moves to the Completed list.
Create a new reminder
To create a new set of reminders, follow these steps:
- Tap New List. You might need to choose an account.
If you're using an iPad, tap Add List first.
- Enter a name for your list.
- Tap Done.
To add items to a reminder, follow these steps:
- Tap a blank line and enter the item.
- Tap Return to add more.
- Tap next to an item to add more details.
- Tap Done when you're finished.
Learn more about managing your reminders.
Use location-based Reminders
To use location-based Reminders, you must turn on Location Services for Reminders. Location Services alert you when you leave or arrive at a specific location.
To turn on the settings for location-based Reminders, tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services and turn on Location Services and Reminders.
See these tips for location-based Reminders:
- To set a location, you can use a saved contact location or manually enter an address.
- You can adjust the size of the location alert radius for a reminder.
- Use a specific street address, if possible.
- A Location Services icon will remain in the status bar as long as you have at least one location-based Reminder not marked as complete.
- Location-based Reminders are available on iPhone 4 and later, iPad (4th generation Wi-Fi + Cellular), and iPad mini (Wi-Fi + Cellular).
Note: Location reminders aren't supported by Exchange accounts.
Learn to troubleshoot issues with Reminders and iCloud.