iOS: Using Reminders
Use Reminders to organize your life in to-do lists—complete with due dates and locations.
To use Reminders, tap Reminders on the Home screen.
With Reminders, you can:
- Create and organize multiple lists.
- Use Date/Time or location-based notifications.
- Search for specific reminders.
- Reorder to-dos.
- View your reminders by list or scheduled view.
- Automatically update all your devices and calendars using Calendar, Outlook, and iCloud.
Tips for using Reminders:
- When you mark a reminder as complete, it moves to the a "completed" list.
- For location-based Reminders:
- To set a location, you can use a saved contact location or manually enter an address. You can also adjust the size of the location alert radius for a reminder.
- Try to use a specific street address whenever possible.
- The location service icon will remain in the status bar until you mark the reminder as complete.
- Location-based Reminders are available only on iPhone 4 and later, iPad (4th generation Wi-Fi + Cellular), and iPad mini (Wi-Fi + Cellular).
Learn how to troubleshoot issues with Reminders and iCloud.
Last Modified: Sep 24, 2013