Archived - Lion Server: How to migrate a Mac OS X Server v10.6 mail cluster to Lion Server v10.7.2
You need Lion Server v10.7.2 in order to migrate a mail cluster running on Mac OS X Server v10.6 to Lion Server.
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
- Set all but one of the mail server cluster members to a standalone configuration. This is done in Server Admin > Mail > Settings > Advanced, in the Clustering tab.
- Set the last mail server to standalone. Do not migrate the mail data when offered the option of doing so.
- If the MDCs are not already running Xsan 2.3, update the MDCs per the instructions in the Xsan 2.3 Administrator Guide.
- Update all Mail Servers and Xsan clients to Lion Server v10.7.2 as standalone mail servers.
- Install Server Admin tools on each mail server.
- Verify that the mail service is not running.
- Create a new cluster using Server Admin on the primary mail server on the existing Xsan volume. Do not migrate data.
- Execute the command:
chown -R _dovecot:mail /Volumes/xsan_volume/.MailCluster/<xsan volume>/data/imap/mail
Replace "xsan_volume" with the name of the Xsan volume used for the mail cluster.
- Start mail services and verify functionality.
- Add other mail servers to the cluster by using Server Admin.
Last Modified: Sep 5, 2014