iOS: Syncing with Google Contacts
With iOS 5 or later, you can set up CardDav syncing with Google Contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
Follow these steps to set up contact syncing with Google Contacts:
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Other > Add CardDav Account.
- Enter the following information in the fields:
- Server: google.com
- User Name: Enter your full Google email address
- Password: Your Google account password
- Select Next at the top of the screen to complete the setup.
After you have completed the setup, open the Contacts app on your device. Syncing should begin automatically.
Note: Make sure that SSL is enabled (under Advanced settings), and that the port is 443.