Archived - MobileMe: Backing up your Contacts, Calendar, and Bookmarks if they only exist on an iOS device
This article explains how to back up your MobileMe Contacts, Calendar, and Bookmarks data if your data only exists on an iOS device.
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
Note: If your data exists on your Mac or PC as well as an iOS device, see this article instead.
- Sync your data to your computer via MobileMe or iTunes. For instructions, see the iOS section of MobileMe: How to back up MobileMe Contacts, Calendars, and Bookmarks. If you're having trouble syncing MobileMe data with your iOS device, first try the steps under Basic Troubleshooting steps in this article. If you are still unable to sync your MobileMe data to your computer, continue with the steps below.
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars on your iOS device.
- Tap your MobileMe Account.
- Turn off the Calendar.
- When prompted to do so, choose to "Keep data on my iPhone/iPad/iPod touch." (The exact message will depend on what type of iOS device you are doing this on.)
- Repeat steps 1-4 for Bookmarks and then Contacts if you are experiencing the same issues with them and need to get them off the device.
- Connect your iOS Device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch) via USB cable to the computer.
- Open iTunes 10 or later.
- Click your device on the left side of the iTunes Window.
- Click the Info tab for the device in iTunes.
- Configure the following settings for the data you want to sync:
- Under Other, choose "Sync Safari bookmarks."
- Choose "Sync Calendars" or "Sync iCal Calendars."
- Make sure "All calendars" is selected.
- Disable the "Do not sync events older than 30 Days" option.
- Choose Sync Address Book Contacts.
- Make sure "All Contacts" is selected.
- Click Sync.
- Allow iTunes sync to complete and then verify the data has synced off the iOS device by viewing it in the application(s) iTunes syncs to (such as iCal, Outlook, Safari, and so on).
- After verifying the sync was successful, back up the Bookmark, Contacts, and Calendar data from your computer using the appropriate method in this article.
Last Modified: Aug 11, 2012