About the Xsan 2.2.2 Filesystem Update
This article describes the Xsan 2.2.2 Filesystem Update.
This article describes the Xsan 2.2.2 Filesystem Update, which is available as a manual download from Apple Support Downloads and as an automatic Software Update. This is only Filesystem update: Xsan Admin 2.2 should be used with Xsan 2.2.2.
Important: Read before installing
- Be sure that all Metadata Controllers (MDCs) are updated before you make any configuration changes.
- Your MDCs must always have software versions (both Xsan and Mac OS X) that are the same or more recent than the most recent client versions. For details, see this article.
- During installation, do not change any Xsan settings, whether using Xsan Admin or a command-line tool.
- Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server v10.6.8
- Xsan 2.2 or 2.2.1
- Xserve with an Intel processor, or Mac Pro
- 2GB RAM for Xsan client
- 2GB RAM plus 2GB per volume for MDC
- Apple Fibre Channel Card
Software Update installation
Software Update may have referred you to this article. Because some updates are prerequisites for others, you may need to use Software Update more than once to get all available updates.
Standalone installers for the Xsan 2.2.2 Filesystem Updates are available from Apple Support Downloads.
If you need to install the update on a remote computer, use the softwareupdate command-line tool.
What's new in Xsan 2.2.2
The Xsan 2.2.2 Filesystem Update is recommended for all Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard-based Xsan 2.2 systems. This update improves general file system reliability and
- improves file system reliability when the filesystem is highly fragmented
- improves file system reliability when unmounting a volume
- improves file system reliability when running snfsdefrag
- improves file system reliability when native extended attributes are enabled
- improves Finder reliability when browsing a volume that is highly fragmented
- allows Xsan Admin to create new volumes when more than 100 fsm processes are running
Xsan 2.2.2 Uninstaller
The Xsan 2.2.2 Uninstaller removes Xsan 2.0 through 2.2.2 installations, including the Xsan Admin 2.x application and Xsan documentation files. It can be obtained from Apple Support Downloads.
Note: Before removing Xsan, you should back up all of your data and volumes.
Xsan 2.2 documentation
Xsan 2.2.2 administrators should use the Xsan 2.2 documentation found here.