About the OS X Lion v10.7.2 Update
The 10.7.2 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. It also includes support for iCloud, a breakthrough set of free cloud services that automatically and wirelessly store your content on iCloud and push it to all of your devices.
iCloud on OS X Lion includes the following features:
- iCloud stores your email, calendars, contacts, Safari bookmarks, and Safari Reading List, and automatically pushes them to all your devices.
- Back to My Mac provides remote access to your Mac from another Mac anywhere on the Internet.
- Find My Mac helps find a missing Mac by locating it on a map and allows you to remotely lock the Mac or wipe all its data.
Getting started with iCloud is easy. After installing the update, OS X will automatically present an iCloud setup panel. Simply enter an existing Apple ID or create a new one, and then follow the on screen instructions. To learn more about iCloud visit http://www.apple.com/icloud.
Updating your system
You should back up your system before installation; you can use Time Machine.
Do not interrupt the installation process once you have started to update your system. You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modiﬁcations installed, or if you've modiﬁed the operating system through other means.
Choose Software Update from the Apple () menu to check for the latest Apple software via the Internet, including this update.
Other software updates available for your computer may appear, which you should install. Note that an update's size may vary from computer-to-computer when installed using Software Update. Also, some updates must be installed prior to others, so you should run Software Update until Software Updates states "Your software is up to date".
You can manually download the update installer. This is a useful option when you need to update multiple computers but only want to download the update once. These versions of the standalone installers are available from Apple Support Downloads.
The OS X Lion v10.7.2 Update includes Safari 5.1.1 as well as fixes that:
- Allow reordering of desktop spaces and full screen apps in Mission Control.
- Enable dragging files between desktop spaces and full screen apps.
- Address an issue that may cause the menu bar to not appear in full screen apps.
- Improve the compatibility of Google contact syncing in Address Book.
- Address an issue that may cause Keynote to become temporarily unresponsive.
- Improve VoiceOver compatibility with Launchpad.
- Address an issue that may cause a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep.
- Enable booting into Lion Recovery from a locally connected Time Machine backup drive.
- Resolve an issue that causes screen zoom to stop working.
- Improve Active Directory and LDAP integration.
- Resolve an issue with Mail in which you may be unable to send through your MobileMe Mail account.
- Resolve an issue with Mail when searching.
- Address an issue that could cause iChat to prompt you for an account password which has already been saved.
- This update also includes RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras.
- Disk Image (.dmg) and installer packages (.pkg) files are no longer included in "safe" file types.
For detailed information about Safari 5.1.1, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4922.
For information about the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.