Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Purchasing and viewing TV shows
Learn how to purchase TV shows directly on your Apple TV (2nd generation or 3rd generation).
Apple TV (2nd generation), Apple TV (3rd generation)
To purchase TV shows on your Apple TV (2nd generation or 3rd generation)
- Select TV Shows from the main Apple TV menu.
- Choose Top TV Shows, Genius, Genres, TV Networks, or Search.
- Find a TV show you would like to purchase and select it. You will have the option to add the show to your Favorites, buy all episodes (a season), or you can purchase individual episodes.
- Add to Favorites
When you select Add to Favorites, the selected show will appear in the Favorites category, giving you a shortcut for browsing your favorites shows.
- Buy All Episodes
When you select Buy All Episodes, you will be purchasing all available episodes of a particular season for the selected show. Your purchased TV season will be available for viewing from the Purchased category under TV Shows.
- Buy Season Pass
When you select Buy Season Pass, you will be purchasing the entire current season. The most currently aired episode, will be offered for viewing immediately. All past episodes, will be available for viewing from the Purchased category under TV Shows. All future episodes will be automatically added to your Purchased page the day after the episode is aired.
- Buy Multi-Pass
Multi-Passes are available for shows that don't have traditional "seasons", news shows for example. When you select Buy Multi-Pass, you will be purchasing a set number of episodes (16 total) of a TV show. The most recent episode will be available for viewing from the Purchased category under TV Shows. All future episodes will be automatically added to your Purchased page the day after the episode is aired.
- Complete My Season
If you have purchased one or more episodes from an eligible TV season, you can complete the TV season without having to pay the full TV season price. When you select an eligible TV season, you will be offered "Complete My Season" at a discounted price based on the number of episodes you've previously purchased. TV episodes acquired using free promotion codes or credits are not eligible for Complete My Season.
- Individual Episodes
When you select an individual episode, you'll have the options to preview or buy that episode.
- Add to Favorites
- When you've decided on a selection you want, choose Buy from the onscreen menu to purchase that selection.
- A confirmation message will appear. Click OK to continue.
- A prompt will tell you where your can find your purchased TV shows. Click OK to continue.
To view previously purchased TV shows on your Apple TV (2nd generation or 3rd generation)
- On the Apple TV main menu, choose TV Shows > Purchased.
- Your purchased TV shows will be displayed by show titles.
- When you find a TV show you would like to browse, select it.
- Find the episode you would like to view and select it.
- Choose Play.