Motion version 5.1.2: Release notes
Learn about current and previous Motion updates.
- Motion 5.1.2 fixes reliability issues when burning a Blu-ray Disc or creating a Blu-ray disk image
- Support for Apple ProRes 4444 XQ
- Improved Sequence Text behavior for animating characters, words, and lines
- Enhanced Contrast filter parameters for refined adjustments
This update also includes the following:
- Updated preset text styles
- General stability improvements
- Optimized playback and rendering using dual GPUs in the new Mac Pro
- FxPlug 3 with custom plug-in interfaces and dual-GPU support
- Faster project loading, especially for complex projects
- Share directly to YouTube at 4K resolution
- Spanish language localization
This update improves overall stability and performance including:
- Fixes a stability issue with splitting clips on the timeline
- Fixes a stability issue when dragging media to a layer that is being edited
- Fixes a stability issue when adding a point to an animated shape
- Fixes a stability issue when quitting Motion while copying a text character
- Fixes an issue where objects could appear to be missing in the Layers List
- Fixes an issue with rendering XAVC media
For information on the security content of this update, please visit Apple security updates.
- Resolves an issue where some third-party effects generated green frames during render
- Resolves performance issues that could occur with certain titles and effects
- Fixes a stability issue when splitting layers in the timeline
- Fixes an issue where launching a plug-in with a check box could require multiple clicks
- Fixes a stability issue with CoreMelt plug-ins
- Fixes an issue with Image Units being removed when you saved a project.
- Fixes issues that occurred when working with multiple documents on dual displays.
- Fixes an issue with uploading clips that are larger than 1 GB to Vimeo.
- Improved anti-aliasing increases text sharpness for enhanced legibility, especially with small fonts and animated text.
- Open multiple projects simultaneously to easily switch, copy, and paste between them.
- Accelerated loading of complex projects.
- Ability to edit and export audio files with sample rates above 44kHz.
- Resolves a stability issue that could occur when applying the Keyer filter with the Inspector open.
- Resolves a stability issue that could occur when pressing Escape after accessing the Colors window in the Text Inspector.
Motion version 5.0.4 improves overall stability and is enhanced for the MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012).
This update also resolves issues in FxPlug 2 where some images were returned at half height or upside down.
- Improves loading time for projects.
- Improves performance of text editing in the Canvas.
- Fixes issues with Fill Opaque enabled in images converted to Drop Zones.
- Resolves a stability issue that occurred when deleting all characters with the Transform Glyph tool.
- Corrects the pixel aspect ratio display of Anamorphic clips.
- Improves speed of Save Current Frame.
- Resolves a stability issue when adjusting motion blur controls in the Project Properties Inspector.
- Resolves a stability issue when modifying media files while Motion is running in the background.
- Improves the speed and responsiveness of text editing.
- Ability to automatically add animation keyframes when recording is disabled.
- Keyboard shortcut for repositioning animation curves or paths.
- Ability to adjust the pan and scale of an image in a drop zone.
- Improves the look of the Keyframe Editor for easier keyframe viewing and editing.
- Improves support for timing-related FxPlug effects.
- Improves stability and performance when working with drop zones.
- Resolves a stability issue caused by clicking in the Canvas outside an object after repositioning the object.
- Resolves a stability issue that could result from clicking on the Photos folder in the Library pane.
- Keyframe Editor shows only animated parameters when the Animated display option is selected.
- Adds support for dual displays
- Fixes an issue with the import and playback of multichannel audio
- Resolves a stability issue when navigating to keyframes at a negative time
- Fixes an issue with incorrect text positioning when the Inspector is open
- Provides for correct kerning between characters when applying adjustments
- Resolves stability issues when entering an empty string in a title while in Draft Mode