iPad: How to deactivate a cellular data account
This article provides instructions on how to deactivate a cellular data plan on an iPad.
iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular models)
Follow these steps to determine which steps need to be taken to deactivate your cellular data account:
Tap Settings > Cellular Data.
- If you see a button labeled View Account, tap it.
- An account login screen will appear. Log in and follow the prompts to deactivate your account.
- If you get a message saying that the account type is not supported, contact your carrier and ask them to deactivate your account.
- If you do not see a button labeled View Account, contact the carrier and ask them to deactivate your account.
To completely disassociate your Verizon account from your iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, follow these steps:
- Tap Settings > Cellular Data > View Account.
- An account login screen will appear. Log in with your username and password.
- The Account Overview screen appears. Select Add Data or Change Plan.
- The Add Data or Change Plan screen appears. Select Cancel Plan.
- The following options appear:
- Delete Account Now: Select this option if you want to remove this device from the account now.
- Delete Account Later: Select this option if you want to discontinue the monthly service for the next month only; your account information will remain with Verizon.
- You will receive a confirmation that the plan was canceled successfully. To finish resetting the account, proceed to the next step.
- Tap Settings > General > Reset: Subscriber Services.
- Tap Reset Account.
- Your iPad will prompt you to confirm the account reset. Tap Reset to complete deactivation.