Enable Automatic Downloads
With iTunes 10.3.3 and iOS 4.3.3 or later, you can automatically download purchases from the App Store, iBooks Store, or iTunes Store to your other computers and devices. Only purchases you make after you turn the feature on will automatically download.
When you purchase content that's eligible for Automatic Downloads, you can choose to automatically download copies of that content to iOS devices and iTunes-authorized computers associated with your Apple ID. If you're using family sharing, your family's content won't automatically download to your devices. Only your content will download automatically.
Use these steps to choose which type of content automatically downloads to your devices.
Turn on Automatic Downloads on your computer
- Open iTunes.
- If you haven't authorized your computer, choose Store > Authorize This Computer.
- For Mac computers, choose iTunes > Preferences and click the Store tab.
For Windows computers, choose Edit > Preferences and click the Store tab.
- Select the content (Music, Apps, or Books) that you want to automatically download. If you can't select these options, you need to sign in to the iTunes Store with your Apple ID.
In OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later and iTunes 11.1 or later, the Automatic Downloads preference for books is in the iBooks for Mac app. Choose iBooks > Preferences > Store and select "Download new purchases automatically."
Turn on Automatic Downloads on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
- Sign in with your Apple ID if necessary.
- Tap the content that you want to automatically download. If iBooks isn't listed, you need to download iBooks from the App Store.
You can turn Automatic Downloads on or off over your cellular network on an iPhone or iPad Wi-Fi + 3G. Go to Settings > Store and turn Cellular Data on or off. Cellular Data downloads are limited to a file size of 50 MB or smaller.
If your device has an Internet connection and you enabled push notifications, the content should automatically download. On an associated device that doesn't support Push Notifications, including Windows PCs, the specified content should automatically appear in the download queue where you can manually start the download within iTunes.
Automatic Downloads for music and downloading past music purchases may not be available in all countries. Find out if iTunes in the Cloud is available in your country.