About the Mac App Store
The Mac App Store is an easy way to browse, purchase, and install apps for Mac computers.
Mac App Store
Minimum System Requirements
- A Mac computer with an Intel processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.6 or later (Mac App Store comes with OS X Lion)
- Internet access, fees may apply
- An iTunes or iCloud account, or you can create a new Apple ID in the Mac App Store
- The App Store is included in the Mac OS X v10.6.6 or later Software Update. Following installation of the update and reboot of your Macintosh, the App Store icon will appear in your Dock.
- Open the Mac App Store by clicking the App Store icon in your Dock, or by double-clicking the App Store icon in the Finder in the Applications folder. You can browse apps by selecting one of the views along the top of the Mac App Store window:
- Top Charts
- You can also search for apps by title, developer/publisher, category, or description by typing into the search field in the upper-right corner of the App Store window.
- Purchase apps via your iTunes or iCloud account, or create a new account within the Mac App Store if needed. Apps purchased via the Mac App Store are downloaded and installed on your Mac. The Mac App Store will identify if your installed apps have updates available and provides a simple and easy way to install app updates.
- You can find additional information by choosing Help > App Store Help from within the application.
- Additional articles and support resources for the Mac App Store are available here.