How to create a Mac App Store account
Learn how to create a Mac App Store account.
In order to purchase and download from the Mac App Store, you'll need to have an Apple ID. If you have used the iTunes Store, then you can sign in to the Mac App Store using the same Apple ID you use on the iTunes Store. If you don't have an Apple ID, you will need to create one before you can begin using the Mac App Store.
Note: The payment information on your iTunes Store account will be the same as the Mac App Store. If you have a store credit balance on the iTunes Store, that balance will be shared with both the iTunes Store and Mac App Store. The balance will be updated upon you making a purchase from either store.
Creating an Apple ID for use on the Mac App Store
- Open the Mac App Store.
- From the App Store menu, choose Store > Create Account
- Once you have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions, click Agree.
- When prompted, you'll need to enter your email address and password, your email address will be used as your Apple ID.
- Once you've created your password and filled out all of the required fields click Continue.
- You'll now be asked to enter your payment and billing information. Once you've completed entering your payment information click Create Apple ID.
- A verification email will be sent to the email address you provide. You will need to check for an email from Apple, and click the link to verify your email address.