Archived - iMovie '08 & iMovie '09: Some media may appear missing after installing iPhoto '11 from the Mac App Store
Opening an existing project in iMovie '08 or iMovie '09 results in "Source clip is missing" on video clips that are located in your iPhoto library. You can upgrade to iMovie '11 or replace the iPhoto video clips in your iMovie projects to resolve this issue.
Upgrade to iMovie '11
- Purchase iMovie '11 from the Mac App Store, which will install it on your Mac.
- After iMovie '11 is installed, open the application. You should now be able to see all of your video clips in your project.
Replace the missing video clips in your project
- Locate the original video clips in the iPhoto Videos Event Browser within iMovie.
- Select a video clip and drag it over the clip in your project you want to replace. Click Replace in the menu that appears when you release the mouse button.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all missing source clips have been replaced.