Keynote for Mac: Best practices for creating a Keynote presentation for animated playback on iWork.com
When you create a Keynote presentation on your Mac that you intend to share on iWork.com or embed on your website, following the recommendations below can help your presentation look its best.
When you create a new presentation on your Mac, use the following supported transitions and builds which can be viewed online using the latest version of Safari.
- Magic Move
- Motion Dissolve
- Move in
- Move In/Out
- If you use transitions and builds in your presentation other than those listed above, they will be replaced with Dissolve when viewed online at iWork.com.
- Presentations published from Keynote for Mac, when viewed using the latest version of Safari, will playback with the animations listed above. Presentations published from Keynote for iPad will display as static slides.
- Keynote presentations with transitions and builds can be viewed using the latest version of Safari and Mobile Safari. Within other browsers (such as Firefox), Appear/Disappear will replace other transitions and builds.
- Keynote presentations already on iWork.com don’t automatically take advantage of the new iWork.com playback features. To get these features, install the iWork Update 9.0.5 and republish your presentations to iWork.com.
- Recorded presentations with voiceover narration and self-playing presentations aren’t supported. Viewers will be able to view and manually advance your presentation, but the recorded soundtrack and timings won't be available.
- Sharing your animated Keynote presentations for web playback is designed to be easy. Just copy and paste the embedded code from iWork.com on any webpage or blog or share your presentation with anyone using a Public link.