About the Mac OS X v10.6.6 Update
The Mac OS X v10.6.6 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes the Mac App Store, the best way to discover and buy new apps for your Mac.
Updating your system
You should back up your system before installation; you can use Time Machine.
Do not interrupt the installation process once you have started to update your system. You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modifications installed, or if you've modified the operating system through other means.
Choose Software Update from the Apple () menu to check for the latest Apple software via the Internet, including this update.
If your computer is not up-to-date, other software updates available for your computer may appear, which you should install. When Software Updates states "Your software is up to date," you can be sure that all available updates have been installed.
Note that an update size may vary from computer-to-computer when installed using Software Update. Also, some updates must be installed prior to others, so you should run Software Update more than once to make sure you have all available updates.
You can manually download the update installer. This is a useful option when you need to update multiple computers but only want to download the update once. These versions of the standalone installers are available from Apple Support Downloads.
The Mac App Store, a new application you'll find in the Dock, includes the following features:
- Discover Mac apps: Browse featured apps, top charts, and categories, or search for something specific.
- Buy and install: Easily purchase apps with your iTunes account. Apps install in one step and are quickly available from the Dock.
- App updates: The Mac App Store keeps track of all your purchased apps and notifies you when free updates are available.
- For information about the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
- Includes all the improvements in the previous 10.6.1, 10.6.2, 10.6.3, 10.6.4 and 10.6.5 updates.
- Addresses a cropping issue with some postscript printing in landscape page orientation.
- Resolves an issue with some Macs (that have in ATI graphics card) in which the mouse pointer movement could become erratic if an external DVI display is connected.
To learn more about the Mac App Store, visit: http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store.