MacBook Air (Late 2010): Installing Windows 7 drivers
Learn how to install Windows 7 drivers on your MacBook Air (11-inch, Late 2010) or MacBook Air (13-inch, Late 2010) computer.
The Boot Camp Assistant should download the correct drivers for your computer, then offer to place them on a CD or USB external storage device. These drivers are designed for use with Windows 7. Windows XP and Windows Vista drivers are not supported for these computers.
- Locate the Boot Camp Assistant in the folder /Applications/Utilities.
- Double-click the Boot Camp Assistant to start it. Note: You need an external optical drive to install Windows.
- A Download Windows Support Software screen will appear. Enable the Download the Windows support software for Mac radio button.
- Use your computer's administrator password to allow your computer to temporarily store the software.
- A progress bar will appear. After the download is complete, a Save Windows support software screen appears. Choose either to Burn a copy to CD or to store a copy on an external USB device.
- After the Windows operating system installation completes and after Windows starts up, insert the CD or attach the USB storage device, then follow the onscreen instructions to install the drivers.