Apple TV (2nd generation): Use the same Apple ID when enabling home sharing from your computers to Apple TV
The same Apple ID must be used to enable Home Sharing to stream media content from your computer(s) to Apple TV (2nd generation). You can stream from more than one computer to Apple TV as long as all computers use the same Apple ID for Home Sharing.
To set up your Home Sharing account on your Apple TV (2nd generation), see this article.
If you cannot access certain iTunes libraries from your Apple TV (2nd generation), first verify that iTunes is running on your computer. Next, make sure that both your computer and your Apple TV have Home Sharing turned on, and are using the same Apple ID for Home Sharing. To check, follow the steps below:
On your Apple TV (2nd generation)
- Go to Settings > Computers.
- The text below the Home Sharing icon shows the name of the account being used for Home Sharing on your Apple TV:
In iTunes on your computer:
- Launch iTunes. (Software version 10.2 or later)
- Go to the Advanced menu and select the Turn on Home Sharing option (If the options says Turn off Home Sharing instead, verify that the Apple ID in parenthesis next the to Turn off Home Sharing option is the same one used to sign in on your Apple TV. If not, turn off Home Sharing in iTunes and sign back in using the same Apple ID used on your Apple TV.
- Sign in using the same Apple ID you use on your Apple TV.
For additional Home Sharing related troubleshooting, please see this article.