Using Game Center on your Mac or iOS device
Game Center lets you play and share games with your friends, track your progress using leaderboards, and more. Learn how to set up Game Center and resolve sign-in and connection issues.
To use Game Center, you need an Internet connection and one of these devices:
- Mac with OS X Mountain Lion or later
- iPhone 3GS or later, iPad (all models), or iPod touch (2nd generation or later)
For some Game Center features, you need the latest version of OS X or iOS.
Game Center might not be available in all countries or regions, and the available games might vary by country or region. For more about using Game Center on iOS, see the iPhone User Guide, iPod touch User Guide, or iPad User Guide.
Sign in to Game Center
Open Game Center and sign in using your Apple ID. If you don't have an Apple ID, select Create New Apple ID. If you need to sign in with a different Apple ID, follow these steps:
- iOS: Go to Settings and tap Game Center > Apple ID > Sign Out.
- OS X: Go to the Me tab and click Account > Sign Out.
When you sign in with a different Apple ID, you'll see different scores, achievements, and friends.
Change your Game Center settings
View your profile to add email addresses, edit account info, and change privacy settings.
- iOS: Go to Settings and tap Game Center. You might have to sign in with your Apple ID.
- OS X: Go to the Me tab and click Account > View Account.
If you can't sign in to Game Center or stay connected, follow these steps:
- Make sure that you're connected to the Internet.
- If you can't create an account or sign in to Game Center from within a game, try to create an account or sign in using the Game Center app.
- Sign out of Game Center, then sign back in. If you can't sign in to Game Center with an Apple ID, reset your password or use another email address. To manage your Apple ID, go to My Apple ID.
- If you're using a Wi-Fi connection, make sure that your Wi-Fi router is configured for Game Center.
- If you can't sign in on a Mac, continue with the steps to resolve sign in issues.
If you have an issue with a Game Center game, follow these steps:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the game. To check for updates, go to App Store > Updates.
- Test your connection using a different game. If you can't connect with a specific friend or player in multiple games, they might need to check their Wi-Fi connection and router settings.
- On iOS, try opening the game from the Home screen, rather than from within Game Center.
- If you can't solve the issue, follow the steps in the next section to report the problem to the developer.
Report a problem
To report a problem with a game, follow these steps:
- Search for the game in the App Store.
- Select the game and look for the game's support link. On iOS, look on the Reviews tab below App Store Ratings. On Mac, look in the right column of the of game's App Store page.
- Use the support link to contact the developer.
To report a problem such as spam, inappropriate avatars, or offensive behavior, follow these steps:
- iOS: Go to the customer's profile, tap •••, then tap Report a Problem.
- OS X, Click the customer's Game Center nickname, then click Report a Problem.