About the 27-inch LED Cinema Display Software Update 1.0
This software update provides support for the 27-inch LED Cinema Display.
- Connect your Mac to your LED Cinema Display (27-inch).
- Your computer and display power cords must be connected and plugged into a working power source.
- Save all open documents and quit all other applications.
- Download the update.
- If you downloaded the disk image using Safari, Safari will notify you that an application is in the image. Click OK to continue.
- The downloader will place the disk image with an installer in your Downloads folder or in the location specified in the General tab under Safari > Preferences.
- If "Open safe files after downloading" is enabled in Safari preferences, the disk image file will mount by itself. If that preference is not enabled in Safari, double-click the disk image to mount it.
- Double-click LEDCinemaDisplaySoftwareUpdate1.0.pkg.
- Click Continue.
- A license agreement appears. Click Continue to proceed.
- Click Agree to accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Select a destination to install the software. The destination will be highlighted by a green arrow. Click Continue.
- To install the software, click Install.
- Enter the computer administrator's password and click OK.
- A dialog appears, indicating that this software will require a restart to complete the installation process. Click Continue Installation.
- An "Installation was successful" dialog appears. Click Restart.
This software updates the System Preferences pane where you can change Ambient Light Sensor settings. Enable the option "Automatically adjust brightness as ambient light changes" to turn the ambient light sensor on and off. Use the slider to adjust the brightness level.
Note: You must have the cinema display's USB cable connected directly to your Mac to access this functionality.
Additionally, this software update includes a modification to Sound preferences pane that will allow you to select the LED Cinema display as your audio output. You can also control the left and right balance using the slider, as shown below.