Mac Pro RAID Card and Xserve RAID Card (Early 2009): Enabling system sleep
Learn which conditions you need to meet to put your Mac Pro or Xserve with a RAID Card (Early 2009) to sleep.
System sleep requires the following:
- Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server v10.6.4 build 10F2521 or later (including v10.6.5 or later)
- RAID card firmware E1320 or later.
- RAID card battery conditioning must be completed before the system will sleep.
- The system will not sleep If drives are connected but no RAID sets are configured.
- The system will not sleep if a Fibre Channel card is also installed.
- The system will not go to sleep when idle if Mac OS X Server is installed.
Note: When you wake the computer from sleep, the display will immediately light up, but the system may take 30-60 seconds to become responsive. This is a normal delay while the RAID card comes online.