iMovie for iPhone 4 & iPod touch (4th generation): Exporting HD movies
Exporting your completed iMovie video will automatically save the file in your device's Camera Roll (with the export size you originally selected). Videos can then be sent from the Camera Roll via email and MMS (iPhone 4 only), shared to YouTube and MobileMe Gallery, or copied to a computer.
iMovie for iPhone 4
Follow the steps below in order to save your HD movie from iMovie for iPhone 4 or iPod touch (4th generation) to your Camera Roll:
- Once you've completed your iMovie project, tap the Export button located in the lower-left corner.
- When prompted to select the export size, select the "HD - 720p" option.
- Once exported, your movie is saved to your device's Camera Roll.
Once the video is saved to the Camera roll, you have three ways to transfer the video:
- You can send the finished movie to your computer the next time you connect it to your iPhone 4 or iPod touch (4th generation). To do this, follow the guidelines in Copying personal photos and videos from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.
- You can share your movie from the Camera Roll via email or MMS (iPhone 4 only). The version of the movie you export will be scaled down (to a maximum of 568x320) in order to improve upload performance. For instructions on how to do this, consult the user guide for your device.
- You can share your movie from the Camera Roll to YouTube or to MobileMe Gallery, and select whether to share a SD or HD version of the video. For instructions on how to do this, consult the user guide for your device.